Satellites

Here's where to discuss world information. Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Post them on this board. Many articles have a corresponding discussion thread, so if you want more information on a race or nation find the index stickied at the top of the board. Otherwise, feel free to post new topics for questions and such.
Forum rules
Rules of Development
  1. Keep in mind that this world may be published in one way or another. I encourage you not to integrate any concepts of a story or RPG world that you are creating and intend to publish independent of Aserra.
  2. Any ideas you use must be original, as if I publish this game, I would not like to get slapped with copyright infringement suit for a rip-off I didn't catch.
  3. Do not model any nations or cultures entirely after existing nations and cultures in the real world. You may use aspects of any existing cultures, though, and it would be best to mix things up too.
  4. There is a need to be reasonable with cultures, abilities, and the like that are created for Aserra. I don't want nations that are the epitome of perfection, or an entirely unreasonable set of abilities that causes them to be sensationally over powered compared to others of their race.
  5. I must give approval for anything major created by other players, so until I tell you that I'm ok with that, don't automatically assume that it'll be canon.
World of Aserra
Satellites

Post by World of Aserra » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:31 pm

Satellites
Aserra has three satellites, the largest being the moon Nirya, which has dominion over the tides of Aserra’s oceans and is the basis for lunar calendars. Nirya is a large, white, pock-marked moon, much like our own. The two smaller moons, almost equals in size, have dominion over the sexes of Aserra.

Maredi, much smaller than Nirya, but slightly larger than his sister, Marebi, is made of dark, glass-like rock appears gray in the night sky and is marked by pale craters. He is assigned masculine traits, and at his fullest, has a pull on the males of Aserra. When Maredi waxes, men may feel slightly more aggressive than normal, either being quicker to fight or seek female company. Considering that Maredi waxes opposite of Marebi, during which time females often menstruate, many a child is conceived during Maredi’s full period.

Marebi, the smallest of the three moons (being just slightly smaller than Maredi), is rich in iron, giving it a rust color. Assigned female traits, at her fullest, Marebi pulls on the females of Aserra. Waxing at her fullest at the opposite end of the month from Maredi, it causes females to be more emotional, and menstruation in fertile females tends to coincide with Marebi’s rising.